When you choose to straighten your teeth with Invisalign, you’re making a great investment in your oral health.
Protect that investment! Dr Agarwal will give you specific instructions on how to wear and clean your trays, but these additional tips will help you get the most out of your treatment!
- Practice Talking! When you first put in the alignment trays, your speech may feel a little slurred. Don’t make this a reason to avoid speaking. Practice talking at home with your family or by reading out loud. The more you talk, the quicker you will adjust to the aligner, and the slur will go away!
- Keep a Toothbrush Handy: Whether you go to school or work during the day, you should keep a toothbrush in your bag or desk drawer. Without Invisalign brushing twice a day is normal, but when you wear the plastic aligners over your teeth, it’s important to brush after any meal, snack, or drinking anything besides water. It keeps the sugars from being trapped on your teeth and when you brush your aligner, it stays clear and discreet!
- Use a Whitening Toothpaste! While whitening is not related to getting a straighter smile, using Invisalign is a great opportunity to do so! You may want to get a whitening treatment before starting Invisalign, or you could use whitening toothpaste during treatment. The trays will cover your teeth right after brushing, which will protect the bleaching compounds from being rinsed away!
- Keep Them Safe. You should be wearing your trays for up to 22 hours every day. During the times you take them out, make a habit of ALWAYS putting them in their case. Don’t wrap them in tissue, leave them on the bathroom counter, or stuff them in your purse. These are great ways to forget where you put them and lose them permanently. Which brings us to…
- Clean your last tray and put it away. If something should happen to your current tray- like getting thrown out in a piece of tissue- your last tray can be used to hold your progress until a replacement can be made.
- Communicate with Your Dentist! If a problem is bothering you during treatment, schedule an quick appointment to have Dr. Agarwal check it out. While