With our CEREC machine, Dr. Agarwal will use CAD/CAM technology to design and create your customized crown. Then using your highly precise, digital impressions, the machine will mill a piece of porcelain into your customized restoration in just minutes.
How does the innovative CEREC® system make Same-Day Crowns possible?
Dr. Agarwal offers cutting-edge innovation featuring the CEREC ultramodern system. The CEREC system can make natural-colored, custom dental crowns based on digital impressions in a single appointment. It uses modern CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing) technologies, incorporating a camera, medical grade computer and milling machine in one smooth process.
For you, the patient, it means spending less time in the chair with less discomfort and ever improving, high-quality results.
How long is the single appointment for Same-Day Crowns?
The entire process, on average, lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The steps are as follows:
1. Dr. Agarwal will remove any decayed tissue or defective fillings.
2. A 3D image of the tooth is then created using a CEREC camera.
3. The restoration is designed on the monitor of the CEREC acquisition unit.
4. The CEREC milling unit machines the custom restoration out of a ceramic block.
5. The milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth.
What are the benefits of Same-Day Crowns?
Same-Day Crowns are made in one single dental appointment
Your treatment will have predictable and fast results
No need for a temporary tooth – you walk out with a permanent, natural-looking healthy smile
Same-Day Crowns are long lasting and extremely durable